- I’m musically inclined; I played the piano and the violin in my youth.
- Played collegiate basketball at High Point University
- I spent my summers as a kid working on my grandparents farm
- I’m a HUGE gamer. Think MLG.
- If I could eat seafood every day, I would.
is the President of Generation Opportunity, an organization advocating for economic opportunity for 18-34 year olds through less government and more freedom.
In 2012, Evan became one of the first Millennials to run for United States Congress in his hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Although unsuccessful, his bid garnered significant national attention and deepened his conviction that engaging and mobilizing the next generation is the key to winning the future for freedom.
Previously, Evan served as a senior aide to U.S. Senators Rand Paul and Tom Coburn and as a researcher at the Heritage Foundation. Evan is married to Sarah Feinberg, an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps and Iraq War veteran. They have one son, Luke Fidelis Feinberg, age 3.
- I backpacked through Europe for two months filming a documentary
- I earned 13 varsity letters in High School and still have a mean jump shot.
- My dream job would be to perform as a back up dancer for Lady Gaga.
- I paid my way through college playing poker.
- I lived a few blocks away from the Crossroads Motel (feat. Breaking Bad) in Albuquerque during the 2012 cycle.
- I taught myself HTML when I was in middle school so that I could have the most rockin’ MySpace around.
- I have two pet chinchillas, Stella and Luna.
- When I was a baby, I looked like piglet because I had no eyebrows.
- My daughter is named for the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, which means Holy Wisdom.
- I really like British history and know the life stories of all of the Monarchs dating back to William the Conquerer.
- I taught English abroad for two years after college: one year in Paris and one year in Granada, Spain. Would highly recommend both.
- After college, I took a road trip for three weeks from NYC to LA, then home to DC. FYI: America is as diverse as it is vast, and you should see as much of it as you can.
- My biggest pet peeve is stepping in water in socks.
- I speak three languages fluently and a few others very emphatically.
- Unlike most people in the office, I prefer fiction. My favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird, and I’ve read it almost every year since college.
- I'm on the board of the International Press Club of Chicago.
- I enjoy surfing and long boarding.
- My distant relative created the automatic jarring machine; I still have the original patent documents at home.
- When I was kid, I jumped off Magic Mountain at Disney and shut the ride down for the entire day.
- My most vivid memory as a child is seeing Christo and Jeanne-Claudes yellow umbrellas in California.
- I enjoy running marathons.
- If you haven’t been to Cinque Terre, Italy, you’re not living!
- Gregory Alan Isakov performed right here in D.C., and it was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to.
- The day the Philadelphia Eagles win a Super Bowl will be the best day of my life.
- I once tailgated a musical called “Hello, Dolly!” while in high school.
- I am happiest when relaxing on the beach.
- The two places I most want to visit right now are Instanbul and Venice.
- If I could talk to anyone, I would want to meet a great-great ancestor and learn about my family's heritage.
- My biggest hobby is interior design. I love browsing antique shops and décor stores for new ideas.
- The coolest place I've visited is the William Wallace Monument outside of Edinburgh, Scotland. It has a narrow 246-step spiral staircase and an open top that’s really windy (plus, an incredible view!).
- I am a 2-time GenOpp Fantasy Football League Champion.
- I believe that Larry Bird, Tom Brady, and Nomar Garciaparra are probably the three greatest living Americans.
- I am the same height as Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.
- I think the McDonald's Double Cheeseburger is the greatest invention in human history.
- I am the proud owner of a mid-90s Dennis Rodman jersey.
Mathew De La Fe
- I love God above all!
- I am a University of Miami Hurricane.
- I love doing things that can get me into trouble.
- Food, mainly buffalo wings and ice cream, is my vice.
- There is a strong possibility that I will never truly grow up!
- I enjoy cooking, and my secret wish is to raise chickens in my backyard.
- Maine is my favorite state, and I wish I was there right now on the beach.
- I love Bikram yoga, even though it's terrible.
- I’m an expert at scavenger hunts.
- My least favorite activity is making up facts about myself and putting them on the Internet.
- I was stranded on the island of Tenerife for a day.
- I think the Puritans and the intellectual legacy that they left behind are really cool.
- I’ve inadvertently driven through a gun standoff and been interviewed by Telemundo about it.
- I was a vegan for a summer - but just for a summer.
- I usually need three to six cups of coffee/tea per day in order to function.
- I have Sidonglobophobia.
- I believe Belgian Ales are God's gift to earth.
- I was commissioned a Kentucky Colonel on Valentine's Day.
- My uncle claims he was the first to invent the portable bidet.
- In 2005 I was on our high school's Intramural Dodgeball Champion team (we're still kind of a big deal around town).
- I've eaten a 3 lb. cheeseburger and 1 lb. of French fries in 11 minutes.
- I once shared a Cherry Coke Zero with presidential candidate, Mitt Romney.
- I could eat buffalo chicken every day of the week.
- I prefer high-rye bourbons.
- I love collecting koozies and have over 35 different ones.
- I lived in Seoul, Korea, as a little kid.
- I spend my free time helping animals (White Coat Waste Movement) and soldiers (Army Heritage Center Foundation).
- My favorite restaurants in my three favorite cities are Sukiyabashi Jiro in Tokyo, Las Lilas in Buenos Aires, and Rover’s in Seattle.
- I believe you haven’t lived until you’ve had a cascarón (a confetti-filled egg) cracked over your head.
- My father is my hero. He’s a retired Army Colonel and has devoted his life to making the world a better place.
- I grew up on a farm.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I took a 10-day road trip across the country to the Grand Canyon, Malibu, Santa Barbara, and Yosemite.
- I used to build houses in high school and college.
- Fishing is my favorite outdoor activity.
- I have never broken a bone (knock on wood).
- I have swum in three oceans.
- Dogs are the greatest pets.
- I once lost a duel - and lived to tell about it.
- I believe that baseball is the greatest sport ever invented.
- I played in a touring rock band when I was younger.
- I am an avid sports fan (Go Titans, Go!)
- I have an addiction to new hobbies.
- My cat's name is Hank, and he's awesome.
- I write and produce music.
- One time, a squirrel nonchalantly walked up to me and then climbed up my leg and back.
- My favorite band is Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.
- More often than not, in social situations involving dancing, people enthusiastically complement my dancing skills.
- I've watched each of the original three Star Wars films more than 30 times.
- In 2012, I quit my job and permanently moved to a random city.
- One of my favorite ways to work out is with hula hoop fitness.
- I rescued a dog from the Humane Society; her name is Jelly Roll, and she is my world!
- I love Ultimate Frisbee.
- I am a member of Eta Sigma Delta, the National Honors Society for Hospitality.
- I have a year pass to Universal just so that I can visit Harry Potter World whenever I need a little magic in my life.
- I met my wife on a U.S. Senate campaign. Before she left for the campaign, her friends told her not to meet some guy and she swore she wouldn’t ...
- I sailed professionally when I was younger.
- I have lived in 10 states over the past 10 years.
- I used to drive a purple Toyota Camry that we called Car Camrod. It had an absurd sound system and neon lights. Thanks a lot Vin Diesel!
- I caught an 8 1/2 foot Sailfish with a bait rod and no belt or chair.
- My parents took me to see the Rolling Stones at age 7. I also have a turtle named Mick Jagger.
- I have a lucky hammer that I use for every point scored by the Baltimore Ravens.
- I'm named after The Little Mermaid, but make sure to use Sebastian the crab's pronunciation!
- I once performed "The Hanukkah Song" to rousing applause in front of my high school guitar class.
- Batman is my favorite superhero because his only superpower is American capitalism.
- I was a practice pitcher for a Congressional baseball team.
- I played “Judd” in my high school musical “Oklahoma.”
- I was the first person working at a Goodwill to organize their book section by subject. You’re welcome, Corporate.
- In high school, I was voted most likely to be on American Idol … that’s not happening.
- I love talking about the technological singularity.
- I worked my family's lawn moving business until I was 15.
- In high school, I won a grill in my school's poker tournament.
- I played rugby in college.
- I rode camels through the Sahara.
- I love creating any DIY project off of Pinterest.
- Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS) by Founders Brewing Company is the best beer ever, and I make a pilgrimage every year to Grand Rapids, Michigan, to enjoy their limited annual release.
- Outside of work, you will usually find me riding my “fixie” around DC doing my best bike messenger impression.
- I like playing golf, but have no intention of keeping score and judge non-professionals that do. My approach: “Grab a beer and swing away!”
- I started a kickstarter to reboot NBC’s “The West Wing” featuring special guest, Frank Underwood.
- The protagonist in the children’s masterpiece, Dinosaur Habitat, by Helen V. Griffith was based on me.
- I was elected to office in a major city in a blue state with just three votes.
- My homeland is a modern-day Pompeii. A series of volcanic eruptions buried my birthplace under three stories of volcanic ash and lava.
- I watched “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” on VHS almost every day for a year.
- My first trip to Disney World wasn’t until I was 30 years old.
- I have ten pink dresses in my closet.
- I believe that New England is the most beautiful place in America, specifically the island of Chappaquiddick off of Martha’s Vineyard and the campus of Northfield Mount Hermon, where I attended high school.
- My middle name means ‘chestnut-colored’ in French.
- I am never happier than when I am eating a cheeseburger and drinking a Lagunitas Beer (bonus points if it’s on the beach).
- I was the captain of my college’s varsity swim team. #gobantams!
- I am a diehard Boston Red Sox fan, which irritates everyone except for other diehard Red Sox fans.
- My first date with my wife was at the Daytona 500.
- I own every song ever produced by Guns N Roses.
- I believe Disney World truly is the happiest place on earth and has the best restaurant I have ever been to, Victoria & Albert’s.
- I once ran a 5:15 minute mile.
- I believe that everyone should have to visit Graceland once in their life.
- I am a HUGE college sports fan and always cheer for Pitt and Ohio State.
- I’ve travelled to 23 countries in the world – only 173 to go!
- I hate tomatoes.
- I refuse to buy expensive sunglasses because I lose or break a pair about once a month.
- When I play Apples to Apples, I will always choose the puppies card. No matter what.
- My mom, dad, and sister are all accountants and singers.
- I’ve had the best regular season record in every fantasy sports league I’ve played in.
- After winning 1st place in a Karate tournament at 7 years old, I retired on top to spend more time with my Super Nintendo.
- I have a scar on my forehead from running into a sign while trying to catch a Hail Mary.
- I’ve never lost a duel.
- I have an Australian Shepard named Bodhi. He is named after Patrick Swayze’s character from Point Break. My wife named him.
- I refuse to call carrot ‘cake’ a cake. Just because you put icing on vegetable bread does not make it a cake.
- I completed a marathon.
- I believe strongly in the courtesy wave when the driver in the lane next to you allows you to cut in. While it doesn’t definitely mean you are a bad person, failure to use the courtesy wave certainly makes it likely.
- My grandfather played professional baseball for the New York Giants.
- I regularly teeter between the desire to live in epic splendor in the palace of Versailles with minions, fame, and power ... or live the bohemian life on the streets of rural Spain.
- I'm slowly working to perfect my painting technique to echo that of my favorite painter in the universe, William Adolphe-Bouguereau.
- The only animals I really want to adopt are dolphins, baby gorillas, or elephants.
- I love almost every kind of dystopian science fiction.
- In my free time, I enjoy reciting love poetry to anyone who will listen, especially that of Chilean linguistic and romantic genius, Pablo Neruda.
- I believe DMX is the greatest rapper alive.
- I once caught 15 fish in two hours; however, none of them were big enough to keep.
- If you give me a beer, a cigar, and a lake, I will be in heaven.
- The song, "The Man," by Aloe Blac is my life anthem.
- I think New Hampshire is the real place where dreams are made.
- My first job was tending bar in Barcelona.
- I once killed a chicken with my bare hands in Costa Rica.
- I once befriended a penguin in southern Chile.
- I once was detained by the military in Egypt, then again in Jordan.
- I once officiated a duel between two GenOpp staffers.
- I think every girl should know how to shoot a gun and change a tire.
- I have a twin (yes, twin telepathy is real - yes, it’s awesome).
- I have been let off with a warning for speeding 14 times. (The trick is to tell the truth. “Why were you speeding?” “Honestly, I have no good reason.”)
- I love running, kickboxing, tennis, and soccer.
- If I could have one super power, it would be the ability to fly.
- I got involved in the “liberty movement” because I was forced to watch a presidential debate as part of an assignment in college. The rest is history.
- I taught grassroots activism in Belgrade, Serbia, in the spring of 2013.
- I played ice hockey all of my life, including in college at Rutgers University, Camden.
- Carrie Underwood once tweeted me wishing me happy birthday.
- My favorite musical artist is Lupe Fiasco (Hip Hop Saved My Life).
- I met my fiancé on the 4th of July. There were, literally, fireworks.
- I love nerdy board games - the more complex, the better.
- I love to snack on pickled plums!
- I was a cheerleader for 5 years, but I have yet to successfully turn a cartwheel.
- I hate the cold and would be quite happy if the temperature never dropped below 75 degrees.
- The only foods I don’t like are pork chops and kiwi (I’m allergic to kiwi).
- I can’t parallel park.
- I’m Polish, but I can speak Spanish & English.
- I know how to wakeboard.
- My fourth cousins are Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson.
Neil Boylan Strauss
- I've been to four continents.
- I'm a member of Delta Upsilon fraternity.
- I have a law degree.
- I love the Yankees.
- On my 9th birthday, I threw a fit because my family took me to Medieval Times instead of Roy Rogers.
- I’ve run in the Running of the Bulls and slept in a park for 2 days.
- PHP was the first dynamic web language I learned at the age of 14.
- At the age of 10, I soldered my first circuit board.
- My last name is an anagram for cat heir.
- I taught a high school class on Computer Networking, Operating Systems, and programming with PERL at the age of 16.
- My favorite food is asparagus - I could literally eat it all the time. It's best with a nice steak.
- I think Jamaica is the most beautiful place in the world, and I’m a huge Reggae fan.
- I’ve always wanted to be able to paint or draw. But I can’t, so digital visual art is my greatest passion.
- My favorite restaurant is a little place in Mingo Junction, Ohio, called Hillsborough - best wings and fries in the world.
- I once played football with Darrell Green.
- I love to dance! I dance ballroom, Latin, swing, blues, and have attempted many more styles of dance. My favorite dances are West Coast Swing and Waltz.
- Life is a musical. Any word or phrase will make me think of a song. I try not to always bust out and start singing - if only I had been born with better vocals.
- I used to rodeo and train horses. Yes, I’ve been thrown from a horse many times, but only ended up on crutches once.
- I like to experience new things, even if it turns out I’m not the best at them. Some of the things I’ve attempted are surfing, hog hunting, rock climbing, snowboarding, golf, snorkeling, and sailboat racing.
- I used to be a puppeteer for little kids. I once participated in a talent show and had a bee puppet that rapped the song “Bee Kind.”
- I’m good at languages: italiano, español, français passable, loquor latinum, 3 years of sign language, biblical Greek (πάς, πάσα, πάν…), and decent English.
- As a kid, I had exotic fish: Snakeheads, Arowanas, and Oscars. Feeding time was a crowd favorite. They each ate four goldfish a day.
- I want to have a farm, raise animals, and grow food. Didn’t have much land in NYC. The lawnmower had a plug.
- At 3 years old, I interrupted Yankee game because I threw my Winnie the Pooh toy down the net, landing behind Thurman Munson.
- I'm an untrained gourmet cook.
- I played basketball for Allegheny College.
- I go to Wildwood every summer with my family.
- A1 sauce is my all-time favorite condiment.
- I’ve seen every episode of King of Queens and Friends.
- When I was in 6th grade, I wanted to name my future kid “Carmelo.”
- Despite being from Nashville, I never listened to Johnny Cash until my twenties.
- I am religious about my Tennessee football fandom.
- I went to Catholic school for 13 years, but still cannot tie a necktie.
- My favorite show is Beavis and Butthead.
- I am still a huge Arnold fan.
- People commonly mistake me for Michael Richards.
- I spent a Summer in Greece practicing a vow of silence.
- It’s common practice that I have others ghostwrite my bio.
- I got a haircut - once.
- I took my first selfie at SXSW this year and loved it.
Corie Whalen Stephens
- I’m obsessed with dogs, the best creatures on earth, and work with rescues in order to help the ones that have been abandoned.
- I’m kind of a beer snob. My favorite breweries are Saint Arnold (Houston, TX), Magic Hat (Burlington, VT), and Shiner (Shiner, TX).
- My husband and I moved to Texas sight unseen. After signing a lease, we packed everything up and drove down from Massachusetts. It was a very good decision.
- The level to which I adore Billy Joel is out of hand – and a bit strange seeing as he hasn’t released an album since I was six.
- I love early American history and have been known to listen to lectures on the topic for hours upon end.